Are you unhappy? Do you have a basement? It turns out that transforming underutilized basement space into attractive, functional spaces can have a positive impact on your mental health. We talked to Boston’s basement renovation specialists, and they identified half a dozen basement remodels that made their clients significantly happier:
- The Home Gym: Turning your basement into a home gym means you can work out in private, as often as you’d like, without any ‘helpful’ commentary or critique from gym rats who were apparently born with six pack abs and perfectly toned thighs. Saving money on gym membership is happy-making too: think of all the Milk Duds you could buy with that cash!
- The Home Theater: You know what’s better than working out? Watching other people work out – or battle aliens – or fall in love. It doesn’t matter what kind of movies you like, the amazing home theater you have built in your basement is the absolutely best place to watch them. Cozy, private, and you are totally able to bring whatever snacks you’d like in with you.
- The Romantic Getaway: You know what’s even better than watching movies? Snuggling with your special someone. Obviously we can’t all ditch our kids and responsibilities every time we need a getaway – but sneaking downstairs for some private time is a much more appealing option when your Boston basement finishing company has put in walls, flooring, and of course, flattering lighting.
- The Home Office: Maybe your special someone hasn’t shown up in your life yet. Maybe you’re over all that love stuff. We don’t know. But we do know that some people prefer work to romance. Whether you can’t keep yourself from bringing work home from the office or you’re fixing to launch a start up, keep your costs down and the convenience up by having your basement transformed into a home office.
- A Place for Your Kids to Stay: You thought the kids were going to grow up, go to college, get a job and move away? Maybe not so much – having the little ones around into their thirties is becoming increasingly the norm. Promote family harmony and boost your happiness level exponentially by introducing at least a little distance into the relationship. Remodeling the basement into an apartment for your kids (or parents!) means everyone’s got a place to be without being right on top of each other.
- The Study: Call it the Man Cave, or the Woman Cave, the Study or whatever you’d like: a private, comfy space filled with books, comfy furniture, and all the rest of your favorite things is one of life’s little pleasures. You don’t need a ton of space to have a good time. Your Boston basement renovation specialist can help you create the best room in the house. Give them a call today!