Sincerely, Carole George
Who We Are
Kaks Home Improvement Services LLC has been working with customers in the Greater Boston area on basement remodeling projects since 2007 with a number of projects ranging from small basement renovations to large basement renovations. We provide you with an affordable solution by converting your unusable, wasted space into a “New Level of Living”.
Here at KAKS Home Improvements, we pride ourselves by providing our customers with top quality workmanship, and honest and professional service from start to finish with a personal touch. We stand behind our products and services 100% and promise our customers an end product that reflects their personality and lifestyle…a new extension to more comfortable living. Our team is made up of qualified licensed professionals with many years of experience. Our goal is to work closely with our customers to determine their specific needs with keeping their budget a priority. We believe in open communication as a key to achieving your desired results, and we pride ourselves on meeting budget and scheduling requirements. We are a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, Click here “BBB” to view our rating.
We have designed our website not only to showcase the Impressive Basement System, but to help inform you with important information and facts about mold and other tradition products used to remodel your home with.
What We Do
Here are some examples Recreational Room /Play Rooms for the kids,Home Gym,Teen Hangout Space,Man Cave, Extra family room, In-law apartment setup, Entertaining space, Extra Bedroom, Home office, Bathrooms, Wet bars, Theater rooms,Kitchens, etc.”
Sure there are a lot of company’s or general contractors that might “occasionally” remodel a basement. But ask yourself whenever we “occasionally” do something will it be the best it can be ? When we at KAKS Home Improvements finish or renovate your basement you can be sure that it is done with perfection because this is all we do. From design to finish we work with our customers to create a seamless transition from the upper level of your home to your new beautiful lower level. We use only the best materials available, from our award winning Impressive Basement Finishing System to the finest wall finishing materials hand selected by our experienced staff, always meeting our customers highest expectations.
When we were looking around for basement finishing companies we found Impressive Basements online. We realize it’s a renovation no-no but we didn’t even shop around for pricing because after talking with Steve and visiting the showroom, it was a no brainer to use them ” Testimonials”
Creating the ultimate basement renovation on the north & south shore of Boston since 2007.
WE ARE YOUR BASEMENT FINISHING EXPERTS specializing in basement finishing AND WE BACK IT UP WITH A WARRANTY THAT IS SECOND TO NONE AND OF COURSE OUR IMPECCABLE REPUTATION IN THE INDUSTRY.
We Don’t Just Stop At The Walls…
Request a free no-obligation quote to discuss what we can design for you!
Armstrong Ceilings / Plastered Ceilings
The Impressive Basement Finishing System & Knauf
Ecobatt and ECOSE Technology
Place N’ Go Flooring
Better still, if you ever get a flood from rain or a leaking water heater, just pick up the tiles, dry the area out and put the waterproof basement tiles right back.
EZ-Breathe Ventilation System
ScapeWEL Window Well System
- Allows natural light into your basement
- Attractive earth tone color complements basement interior and blends with any architecture
- Satisfies Section 310.4 of UBC and the IRC 2006 Building Code for basement egress
I am text block. Click edit button to change this text.
- This letter is being written to highly recommend Impressive Basements to anyone who is considering having their basement professionally finished . My basement was completed by them in September and from start to finish , Steve and his crew were a great team to work with. In the beginning stages, after I explained to them what I was looking for, they were able to make suggestions regarding the design to give me the look I wanted and make the most of my new rooms. As the job progressed , they made sure to keep in contact with me and advise me as to how things were going and what the next steps would be. Any questions or concerns I had were addressed immediately. They made sure to clean up their work areas at the end of each day. There was no problem with dust , etc. I f ind all of these things to be very important when work is being done in my home. All in all, they were a great crew to work with and I would highly r ecommend them. My new rooms look great & I can't wait to move in my furniture & begin to use them. I am very happy that I picked Impressive Basements to finish my basement. After interviewing other basement finishing companies, I chose them to do the work and I know I made the right decision. For anyone who chooses this company to do work in their basement, I am confident that you will feel the same way as I do.I Am Confident That You Will Feel The Same Way As I Do
Sincerely, Carole George
- Dear Steve, My wife and I want you to know that refinishing our basement as the best decision we made in 2009. here are not many times that we can look back and actually pin point something from the previous ye at has an impact on how we live our life,but now we can. Our basement although "finished" previously is now truly a finished living space and a completed part of our home we put to use on a daily basis. Needless to say we were very pleased with the quality of the work,but more importantly the service provided by you and your company,from the initial sales consultation,to the day to day discussion of the project plan and progress with yourself or any of the Jimmy's We could not have asked for a mor esponsive and friendly team of people to work with.Best Decision We Made
Sincerely, Keith and Leah Schettino 01/04/2010
- Description Of Work: Finished the basement - walls, ceiling, flooring, closets. Replaced water heater with tankless system, redirected plumbing, removed old water heater. Added electrical outlets and lights. Added heating/cooling. Project included - carpentry work, hvac, plumbing, electrical, plastering and flooring contractors. Member Comments: The basement looks amazing! Steve and his crew were very responsive and worked with me through this process. The customer service was exceptional to be honest. I've worked with many (horrifying) individual contracts over the years but this was my first time taking on something of this scale. I realized there would be some bumps along the way but Steve and my day to day GC, Chris, walked me through it all. I learned a ton and now have a basement that is so much more than I originally envisioned. Steve had some amazing recommendations and we applied them to the floor plan. I wish I had his creative vision! The space was bare bones before work began - exposed wood beams, hvac/plumbing, some insulation and just the foundation on the walls and floor. The space is a little damp so we opted for the "system panels" on the foundation walls to allow an air pocket for ventilation between the wall and foundation. I have to say I was REALLY skeptical and worried that it would look "cheap" but I was wrong. The system walls look great and provide some extra insulation and sound absorption. I was able to visit a space the company had recently finished close to my home so I could see and touch the system before buying it. I was also worried the vinyl flooring would look funny but I absolutely love it. My extended family couldn't believe how great it looks. Love that it is 100% waterproof too. We plan to use this space as a second office/den. We put in a nook for a 175 gallon fish tank and added a closet for storage. We also re-routed some hvac, gas and plumbing pipes to open up the space. I have a feeling my family will be fighting over it once it's furnished. I still have more painting to do on the finish and doors so I'll post more photos later. I would highly recommend KAKs home improvements. They'll be my first call when we are ready to do our next project.The System Walls Look Great
Jennifer Burke Burlington MA
- We are writing to thank you and your entire Impressive Basement team for the outstanding job you did in transforming 550 sq. ft. of unfinished basement space into a beautiful second family room and exercise area. The entire process was painless. The initial sales presentation was low key, a welcome change from some of your competitors. You were responsive and accommodating in addressing all of our concerns. We enjoyed the opportunity to visit the home of another satisfied customer to see an example of your finished product. Before construction began, you thoroughly explained how you proposed to make our space look, not like a finished basement, but like a fine finished room. Russ, who performed the bulk of the work, was a true craftsman, with a caring, meticulous attention to detail. We looked forward each day to seeing what new progress Russ had made. He kept us well-informed during the project and kept the workspace neat. The electricians did a great job and accommodated some last minute changes. The plasterers were very skilled and efficient. Now that the project is complete, our only regret is that we didn't do it ten years earlier. We now have a TV /Xbox entertainment center that our teenage son and his friends enjoy, and a bright, clean exercise area that we can all enjoy. Thanks again for a job well done. Sincerely,A Fine Finished Room
The Crimmins Family 04/15/2012
- Description Of Work: The impressive basement team finished 550 sq ft of space in our basement. The above price does not include a bathroom, hardwood floor finishing for the stairs or painting. The painting & floor finishing was an additional 1200 through independent contractors. We chose to forgo a bathroom due to budget constraints. Member Comments: I am pleased to write this review of the impressive basement team of New England. Steve and his team are a collection of consummate professionals. The positive experience with Impressive Basements started with owner Steve Sweeney. Steve is extremely customer focused. Steve scheduled a Sunday appointment to accommodate our schedule. He spent several hours at our home presenting the product, listening to our concerns about a nonstandard material set, measuring and devising a detailed project layout and plan. The project started promptly as promised and very closely aligned to the project timeline. Throughout the course of the project, we were in constant communication with the general carpenter, electrician as well as Steve. Any concerns/minor tweaks we had were immediately addressed without issue. The city in which we reside required an air exchange unit to be included in the project, something discovered after applying for the building permit. This was not part of the original estimate but Steve assumed all costs with the unit & its installation. This speaks to his high character and business acumen. It was a great relief to not encountered "hidden" costs. We could not be happier with the results. The basement has become our favorite room in the house. The system is cozy and warm. We spend the great majority of our at home family time enjoying our new basement. A big thank you to the entire Impressive Basement team! Company Response: Thank you very much for the wonderful review you wrote for us. We are extremely happy that you are pleased with the work we did for you!The Positive Experience
Anthony Scalese Waltham MA
- Description Of Work: I had Steve and his crew convert my unfinished basement into a 2 bedroom, den and 1 bathroom apartment, including full kitchen. Member Comments: I could not be happier. The project turned out better than I could have ever imagined. The crew was always on time and never cut any corners. They would even come on a weekend and prior to 9AM during the week in order to keep with in a specific time frame. The crew were very polite and always left the basement free of construction debris once a portion of the project was completed. If you do not go with Steve and the KAKS crew you have made a mistake. KAKS treated my home as if it were their own. You cannot ask for anything more than that. I will be hiring them to finish my third floor walk up once I have saved up the funds.KAKS Treated My Home As If It Were Their Own
Scott Morrissette Revere MA